McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday

Why hello there Thursday?  How are you?  Me, I'm so ready for you to get here and get gone because I need this upcoming weekend.  I need the time to love on my family and spend some time in prayer.  And of course I am ready for party time!  But other than time, we still have a lot to be thankful for.



Photobucket




 

91. Few Precious Reflective Moments.  Notice the word "few," but I am squeezing them in every chance I get.  I am so thankful for the quiet time God gives me to just know He is there and He is so so good.

92. My New Camera.  I killed another camera.  Death by water bottle in the purse.  It's the second in our family to go out that way, and I was certain that I would be destined for disposable cameras from here on out.  But Luke came through for me.  He brought home a brand new Nikon because he knew I would be devastated without a camera for Claire's first birthday.  Oh how I love that man.  (Note to self: go buy a camera case.)

93. Our Webcam Visit with Bella.  Since she has so much going after school these days (volleyball, golf, swimming and soccer) we find it hard to get to see Bella on the webcam before Claire goes the bed.  The five hour time difference put it at nearly 10:00pm our time before she gets home from her activities.  But Fall Break is this week and we were able to see Bella and talk over Skype for almost an hour.  We got to see all of the things she has been doing in school and all of her papers with an A+ and a smiley face.  She was also able to see Claire walk for the first time, which was pretty cool too.

94. It's almost PARTY TIME! I am so thankful that this party is almost here.  I can't wait to see my parents, Luke's parents, my brother and Grace and celebrate that we made it through parenthood for a whole year.  And our kid survived!

95. That God's Mercy in New Everyday.  I am so glad that I get to wake up each morning with renewed mercy from Him.  I have been down on myself lately, giving myself a hard time when things are not going just as I would like them to.  But I rejoice that things are going the way He wants them to, and as long as I continue to let Him be the Lord of my life, I will live in His mercy and grace.

Since I have a new camera, expect lots of pictures next week!  And don't forget to link up.  Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

It is so awesome that you can use the computer to actually SEE her as well as talk to her. It must make her feel so much closer! Praying for your busyness lately and congrats on a healthy, happy 1 yr old!

Barbara said...

such great things to be tankful for! Have a great party this weekend!

Kelly and Mark said...

I can't wait to see you guys! I've missed you friend!! :)