It was all about how the cool response to "how are you doing" these days is... "oh, well we're really busy." Like being busy is a status symbol of how important we are. But what we really want, or what the Bible tells us we should want, is a life of intentionality. Living life with an intention. One of the best quotes from that message was "never let the urgent get in the way of the important." Wow! How often have I put something important aside because something less important but more urgent was placed in front of me.
With that said, I have started to say "no." It's really a new concept for me, I never tell people no. Not ever. But when someone approached me about new responsibilities with a volunteer organization, I said no. I am busy enough with my family and work, and I am now learning to do fewer things, but doing them each better!
Can you tell how refreshed and renewed I feel? Well, I am so thankful for that feeling!
101. Refreshment. That one word seems to sum how I really feel lately, and man it feels good!
102. A New Purpose. We are going to focus on living with a purpose. Like Pastor Chris said, living with intentionality. We are still narrowing this down, but I am so so thankful for the direction we are headed.
103. Date Night. One aspect of living with intentionality is to think of ONE thing (not a list of 500 things- but one thing) that will enrich your life or your family's life. And we have decided on date night. We believe in this special set aside time, God is going to show up and really strengthen our marriage and our family.
104. Sleeping Late. If you know me, you know how much I love sleep. And the past few Sundays I have been able to sleep late, either by Claire sleeping late or Luke getting up with her! And that brings me to...
105. Sunday NIGHT Church. It's like two Saturdays when you don't have to get up ready early Sunday morning for church. You have a lazy day, still grill out for lunch while it's nice outside, and then when Claire gets up from her afternoon nap, we head to church for 6:00pm. So nice!
Show some link up love!
101. Refreshment. That one word seems to sum how I really feel lately, and man it feels good!
102. A New Purpose. We are going to focus on living with a purpose. Like Pastor Chris said, living with intentionality. We are still narrowing this down, but I am so so thankful for the direction we are headed.
103. Date Night. One aspect of living with intentionality is to think of ONE thing (not a list of 500 things- but one thing) that will enrich your life or your family's life. And we have decided on date night. We believe in this special set aside time, God is going to show up and really strengthen our marriage and our family.
104. Sleeping Late. If you know me, you know how much I love sleep. And the past few Sundays I have been able to sleep late, either by Claire sleeping late or Luke getting up with her! And that brings me to...
105. Sunday NIGHT Church. It's like two Saturdays when you don't have to get up ready early Sunday morning for church. You have a lazy day, still grill out for lunch while it's nice outside, and then when Claire gets up from her afternoon nap, we head to church for 6:00pm. So nice!
Show some link up love!







































2 comments:
We've decided to start having date night once Charlotte is a bit older. At 2 months, I'm not quite ready to leave her yet!
Hi! I'm your newest follower, from Thankful on a Thursday! Love the blog hop - thanks for hosting!
thisbeautifulmessofmine.blogspot.com
Post a Comment