McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Monday, October 11, 2010

One Year

No way my baby is a year old.  No way, Jose.  But then again, I have learned that no matter how many times I say this to myself and others, Claire is still one year old today.

I am posting soon about how wonderful the party was, and how  much fun we all had, but today is all about her.  Her piercing blue eyes, that sweet smile, and the way she says "mama" that makes me want to call in sick to work every.single.day.

Yes, my baby is one.  I made it through a whole year of motherhood, and my child is still alive.  For all of those nights that seemed to drag on until she finally started sleeping through the night at SEVEN months, I take it back.  The rest of it went by so fast!  She went from a little baby to a toddler...

Photobucket


Things she loves:
* We learned from this party that the kid loves icing.  And loves getting icing all over herself.
* My mom tried getting her to drink from a water bottle and now she wants to do nothing else.  We may be rid of sippy cups before we really ever got started.
* Playing in her new sandbox (but she's not a big fan of sharing her new sandbox toys)
* Riding in the new Ride Along Buggy that Grandmomma and Grandbarry gave her for her birthday.  (And Luke has vowed to take her on nightly walks up and down the street now that the weather is so nice.)

Things she is amazing me with:
* The way she holds her arms up for me to pick her up
* How she can smile even when I had to wake her up early this morning.
* The fact that she is wearing 10 month clothes (Well, really this doesn't amaze me, it just reminds me that she is half Luke.)

Party fun to come soon... When I wake up from this walking sleep that is the result of aforementioned party!

6 comments:

Scarlet said...

Aw...Gini, she is so beautiful! Happy Birthday Claire!

Alise Cartledge said...

She is precious!!! And that little Ladybug outfit is the cutest! Did you make it??

Barbara said...

What a cute outfit! She is absolutely adorable!

Gini said...

Yes, I made her outfit. It's just toule on elastic and the onesie has that styrafoam paper with glitter on the front and the sticky stuff on the back. I just cut it out and stuck the letters on there. It was a lot of work, but so worth it :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious!! I can't believe she is 1 either!!

Amanda Moury said...

Hi Gini, my name is Amanda from the Forever Endeavor, I just came across your blog from the Tarr Pit's, and that picture of your little girl is stunning! She is beautiful! :) You have a beautiful family! Glad to be following you :)