McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thrush (aka: the biggest PITA)

So Claire has thrush... Apparently, it's not too uncommon and lots of babies get this bacterial infection. I was at my parent's last weekend and Claire was inconsolable (I would have DIED without mom to help me) and while she was wailing, mom saw this white stuff on the roof of her mouth. We looked it up, and she was right: THRUSH.


We flew home the following day (again, Claire did beautifully on the plane, despite the fact we made the flight by the skin of our teeth) and I called the pediatrician. He didn't even want to see Claire, but diagnosed her with thrush from the white spots in her mouth and called in a prescription. My OB called in a prescription for me as well, in case she got it from me, and now we are a week out (yes, I am a little late in posting this, but please no comments from the peanut gallery).

But we have become a completly sterile household. I bought a bottle sterilizer and we are back to that "wash your hands everytime you come close to the baby," "change the nipples everytime she takes a break from a bottle of breastmilk," "she spit out that paci, get a new one," all things we did when she first came home from the hospital but have since taken a back seat to everyday life. Oh, but they are back with a vengance!

0 comments: