McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful (for Christmas) on a Thursday

I love this time of year! I just love it!  To me, there is nothing better than hot chocolate with a melted candy cane in the bottom and watching the twinkling Christmas lights over the top of my china hutch.  Add a warm fire and Christmas music, and I am set.




Photobucket

121. Heat.  While I was pulling the Christmas decorations out of the attic, I apparently hit a switch on the gas heater and blew a transformer.  So that meant no power to the thermostat.  For.three.days.  Until we broke down and called someone to come look at it.  When I got home (and $200 later), the house was toasty warm again and I have never been so thankful for heat!

122. A Forgiving Husband.  That $200 hit him hard, but he forgave me.  That's something to be really thankful for!

123. Christmas Music.  Every year, I wait for the day after Thanksgiving for the radio stations to start playing all-day-long Christmas music.  If you don't like an old-fashioned Jessica Simpson rendition of Santa Baby, you can ride in someone else's car.

124. Wrapping Paper.  I always hit up the after-Christmas 90% off sales to get my wrapping paper for the following year and I can hardly wait to break it out.  Disney Christmas Princesses and Winnie the Pooh with a Santa hat make me giddy like a kid- well, a kid at Christmas I guess.  Here's a shot of last year's favorite paper and a reminder of how little my baby was!

Photobucket


125. Christmas Services at Church.  We have the best Christmas services at Church of the Highlands.  Simply.the.best.  They are all at the Grants Mill campus (which isn't our home campus, but also isn't too far away) and my favorite part is when they turn all of the lights off, start with one candle, and as we sing Silent Night, the room begins to fill with light as candles are lit person to person, row to row.  Once the auditorium of 2,500 is filled, it is the most beautiful sight to behold.


And yeah for the linky!


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Stopping by from thankful thursday! hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Liz said...

We will be visiting the Montgomery campus of COTH after the first of the year! We are traveling every weekend until then, but I'm looking forward to January!

Gini said...

Oh Liz, I hope you like it. COTH is a wonderful, life-giving church that has changed.my.life. For the way better of course. I just finished a LIFE small group that I would highly reccomend. Regardless of which one, get plugged into a small group. It's the best way to make a big church feel like your family. Attending one of the smaller campuses (like we do at Riverchase or like Montgomery) also helps too! Let me know if you have any COTH questions and if you're ever up in Bham and want to go to Riverchase!