McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Thursday, December 2, 2010

WOW! (aka: Thankful on a Thursday)

So it's already Thursday again and I just realized that I set last week's post to publish on Thanksgiving without ever finishing it!  I even said I was proud of myself for posting it!  I guess I have more faith in my abilities than I had time.  Oh well.  Here is the rest of that post (that I just wrote).




Photobucket

116. My Car Filled with Gas.  I am horrible about putting gas in may car, and it seems to live on EMPTY, so I am very thankful that every time Luke takes it out somewhere, he fills it up with gas.  (But he does remind me that if I were to ever run out of gas on the side of the road, my first call should be to AAA and not him.  He was joking.  I think.)

117. A Great Shower for Great Friends.  We had a wonderful, fun, and dare I say child-free night two weeks ago (remember how behind I am?) celebrating a wedding shower for our good friends Melissa & Robert.  It was so good to catch up with old friends that only seem to reconvene when someone gets married or knocked up.

Photobucket

118. THANKSGIVING!  We had a fabulous time in Atlanta with dad's side of the family.  Claire was the belle of the ball with the whole family fighting to hold her.  Cooper loved running free and hitting the lake behind my cousin's house.  We have done this family reunion every Thanksgiving since I can remember, but I think it's gets better every time!

119. Good Deals.  We went to the North Georgia outlets on Black Friday and hit up some serious sales.  All in all we saved over $1,700, or about 170% of what we spent.  We were stacking dollar coupons on percentage off coupons.  Even some serious shoppers were really impressed.  I am thankful for the resources and knowledge to save!

120. A New Baby McGlothin.  No, not me!  Don't even think about that.  It's Luke's youngest sister Jessica and her husband Luke that will welcome baby #2 in July (and it's technically baby Wyatt).  This will be the McGlothin's sixth grandchild, and we are all so thrilled!

And hopefully the linky will work this week...


4 comments:

Stephanie Doyle said...

Wow! Good work on scoring some good deals!

www.doylesdays.blogspot.com

Amanda Moury said...

Really cute picture of you and your girlfriends! Happy Thursday Gini! :)

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

Sounds like you must have gotten some awesome deals! I didn't go out this year since we weren't with my sister. I missed it a little.

Congrats to your family and friends. Babies are always such a blessing! My cowboy's name is Wyatt too! (Ironic how names turn out, right?)

Barbara said...

That sounds like such great deals! Oh how I miss shopping on black Friday!