So Luke and I went to family court again today so the judge could hear some useless motion by Julie's attorney. And they got the custody trial date pushed back again. He said Bella's step-father could not be present at our scheduled date of September 10th so we go back again September 1st to set a final date for trial.
I think this trial date will really stick. The judge said "even if the ship sinks (referring to the ste-dad's navy ship) we are still going to trial. And he saw the concern on Luke's face of yet another delay and he continued saying "if I change custody, Bella's school schedule will not play a role in my decision."
This is good to hear, since we were concered that Bella starting school in Hawaii would mean that she is established there and the judge would be less likely to "uproot" her. People often ask us if we really think that it is in Bella's best interest to take her away from her mother, and I think the latest foolishness on their part proves that yes, we could provide a much more stable and loving home for Bella. In the best interest of her long-term mental health, she needs to get away from all of her mother's lies and manipulations and be raised in a Christian home full of love.
The court has already stated that we are capable parents, so they can't attack us on that. Now they are hammering us for our tax returns, and we have no idea what they want those for, but we have nothing to hide. All we know is that they must have nothing on us if they want to get at how much money we make :) It's a nice feeling to know that because we have always done what is best for Bella, we don't have to worry about justfying anything.
I could go on and on about how things would be so much better if Bella lived closer (if not with us) but I am beating a dead horse. Luke and I will never give up and will never stop fighting for her. Since her mom is so focused on hatred towards us, we are the only ones left to look out for Bella. Please continue to pray for our peace, wisdom for the judge, and that God will reveal His plan for Bella.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































0 comments:
Post a Comment