I think taking your first baby to the ER must be some sort of rite of passage. And one I wish I did not have to pass through. But we did , and we made it out on the other side.
Thursday night as I was leaving work, Luke called to say that Claire had fallen and her mouth was bleeding. She was crying and he was a nervous wreck. He wanted to take her to the ER, but I thought they should wait and see how she looked when I got home. Well, if you know men, they can't wait. So I met up with them and off to the ER we went.
Her mouth had finally quit bleeding, but it was still pretty swollen. The nurse gave Claire a little teddy bear and combined with a bottle, you would have thought she was good as new. And then the waiting began... first in the waiting room, then in the triage room, back to the waiting room, then in the exam room.
Claire started acting much better. She wasn't crying, but she was actually putting her whole hand in her mouth (result of the first year molar teething I am sure). I figured she wouldn't be playing with her hands in her mouth if her mouth was hurting her.
The nurse looked inside of her mouth, and once the blood was wiped away and the swelling went down, we could see that she was fine. A pit stop for a Frosty on the way home and we all survived the first ER adventure! Let's hope we don't have another one any time soon!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































1 comments:
I'm glad that your family survived the ER experience. It truly is a rite of passage. Luckily it wasn't anything serious and your little one is ok.
Post a Comment