As long as I know how to love.... No, that's not what I was going to say. I am so easily distracted these days due to complete. lack. of. sleep. Luke has been gone for five days and I am thanking sweet Jesus he is coming home today (Luke, not Jesus). Claire must have known her Daddy was gone because she basically refused to sleep in protest of this fact. Sorry my songs are not as funny and cute as Daddy's but for the love of all that is holy, please sleep.
Last night was filled with non-stop crying (mostly from Claire, but I'll admit I shed a few as well) since she and I are both coming down with a cold. Being a mother has made me realize that I can do things I never thought I could. Operate a motor vehicle on less than four hours sleep? Prepare a bowl of cereal with one hand holding a screaming child? Oh I know that is not SuperWoman credentials, but hey, I am pretty proud of myself.
But I will survive -- If I can just make it through the day at work. Luke has promised to take night time duty with the angel tonight so I can begin to recover. I promise pictures are coming if Luke returns my camera from his little adventure.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































1 comments:
Makes you feel bad for your mom doesn't it?! I will never forget that moment when I was at home with Baileigh by myself, running on about 3 hours of sleep, and I suddenly realized I was simultaneously cooking dinner, holding Baileigh, making a phone call and loading the dishwasher. It was at that point I realized ALL mothers are SUPERWOMAN and at which point I also realized why sometimes mom used to have mood swings...go figure! Glad you made it through!
Post a Comment