My lovely (and often very helpful) husband is leaving today for a five day cruise for his best friend Matt's bachelor party. If you have heard horror stories about your cousin's neighbor's friend that went on one of these and ended up in a Mexican prison, I don't want to hear it. I need Luke to come home to his girls, safe and sound, and preferably in the aforementioned five days.
But this has given me a new appreciation for single parents. Even the thought of not having Luke to feed her at midnight before he joins me in slumber is making me naseous (sp?). I will now tackle all parenting duties solo. We have our routine so down pact that throwing it off keel is like messing with the alignment of the stars.
But here we go... I'll keep you updated on how I (and little Claire) handle these next few days. So I raise a glass (not really, I'm still at work) and propose a toast to all the single parents out there who have managed to keep it together. You have my highest praise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































1 comments:
Indeed, I do not know how single parents (especially of multiple kids) do it! Let me know if I can help you...I'm just down the road. Even if you need an hour of sanity, Claire can come over for some playtime! And...just let the laundry and cleaning pile up til the weekend (throw a blanket over it or stuff it in a closet if it bothers you to look at it) - just don't make yourself crazy...remember, laundry will still be there tomorrow but your sanity needs to be there today! :)
Post a Comment