Honey has arrived! Although late last night, I swooped her from the airport and returned her to my oh-so-messy house (which she is expected to tolerate and not to clean) and in typical mommy fashion, she took over night time duties. What is it about moms that make us feel whole again? That makes us feel like we can do this: work, wife, mother, Christian, everything? I don't know about you, but having my mom close has always made me feel better. And Claire feels better too- she slept almost six hours for Honey (although she continues to wake every three hours for me)!
And Honey has been so wonderful as to give Jessica the day off and keep Claire today, so the rest of my in-law family is off to South Carolina to visit Kristin and Christian in Columbia, SC or to see my favorite cousin (really, she's Luke's cousin, but I think I talk to her more than he does) get married tonight in Knoxville, TN. We were so sad not to be able to attend either of these always-entertaining family vacations, but with the time Luke took off when Bella was here and the time I have yet to accumulate at the new job, anything more than a Saturday-Sunday one-night affair is more than we can do.
But we do have big plans for the weekend ahead. Luke is off to the men's conference at church this weekend, and we are praying that God moves these men in a very special way. We feel so blessed to be a part of the Highlands family and the wonderful people there. This Easter marks two years we've been at Highlands, and we are still amazed at the wonderful, life-giving work they do (note to self: write a post about how we found Highlands).
And tomorrow morning, Honey and I will take of for Atlanta for Jackie and David's wedding shower. For the non-family readers, Jackie's mom, Auntie Em- as I fondly refer to her, is mom's friend from back in her Zeta days who has become like a second mom to me. And Jackie was awesome enough (among other thigns) to read in my wedding back in 2007 and I will be reading in hers this May (actually on Luke's and my birthday). We are also going to see my little bro (ok, he's no longer little, but he will always be little to me) and his wonderful fiance, Jay and Grace. (Another note to self: write a post about Jay and Grace's AMAZING engagement party.)
And bruch at Serpas will follow Sunday morning before I have to get Honey back on a plane to New Orleans (and subsequently cry that I won't see her again until our Fourth of July vacation in the Smokey Mountains). And then back to church for a Palm Sunday service. I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you too!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































1 comments:
they sleep better for grandmoms b/c they are much more relaxed than us moms!
Post a Comment