McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Remind me again what sleep feels like?

Oh yeah, It makes me feel like I am a new woman!!! I can't tell you how glad I am that Lukek is home. He busted through the door in Lucy and Ricky fashion, with a good ole' "Honey I'm Home," and I couldn't be more thrilled. As he told me of the gifts he returned with,I have to admit I didn't care. He was my gift. His return to the girls who missed him desperately. That was better than anything (although I do love the giant conch shell, baby- it will go perfectly in our beachfront retirement home- what I can't think about retirement one month into my new job?).


So after five days and four sleepless nights without my other half (and I say "other" here because I used to think I was the better half, but this has shown me that we are truly a team) we spilt the overnight duties on Monday. And thankfully approaching was Tuesday- better known as the night Claire spends with her grandparents. We are so blessed that Luke's parents, Karen and Barry (aka Grandmomma and Grandbarry) love keeping Claire once a week, and that is Tuesday nights. Luke and I can recharge and face Hump-day with a renewed energy.

And the sleep has done us both some good. We were both getting sick, but it looks like some rest was just what the doctor ordered!

0 comments: