I can't tell you how weekends both re-energize me and exhaust me at the same time. I am really trying to take in each moment and enjoy time with my family while simultaneously staring the laundry and dishes in the face, as if to say, I will not let the idea of a perfect and clean house get in the way of playing on the floor with my beautiful baby. I have really been inspired by Kelle Hampton over at Enjoying the Small Things as she documents her days with the two most beautiful girls (other than my two, of course). We are both step-mothers and mothers just trying to navigate through life, and she simply takes better pictures and writes more elequently than I do.
But back to weekends... I had a wonderful time with my mom this weekend and loved spending time with Jay and Grace. Little Claire was a trooper at the party Saturday night, and here she is with Aunite Em and Uncle Cliff. Cliff's mom gave that yellow dress to me 26 years ago and my mom had saved it for Claire- so weet, I know.
But she had simply had enough when it came time for brunch Sunday morning. Between being off of our schedule and cutting the first tooth (YES, CAN YOU BELEIVE SHE IS CUTTING A TOOTH? and yes, I was yelling that) she straight up screamed through the entire brunch. Mom, Jackie, Uncle Cliff and Auntie Em all took turns bouncing and walking with her as far from the other post-church crowd as possible, but would you like to know who was able to calm her down? A stranger. You read that right, I allowed a complete stranger to hold my screaming baby and walk around the restaurant, and you know what? It worked! She went straight to sleep to his rendition of "Hush Little Baby." Not sure what it is about a big man's deep voice and cushy chest that settles my girl down, but it worked and I don't care how or why?
Honey and Auntie Em were freaking out that this man was going to run out the front door with my baby, but I was at my wits end and would have simply sent my half-marathon running brother after him (note to self: write a post about Jay and Grace's awesomeness in running). And with her still not sleeping through the night, I was sure he would promptly return my angel.
And while I was enduring the wrath of teething, Luke was at church enjoying Catalyst, our men's conference. I'm not too sure what went on there, as he won't share any details. But I know what a powerful God we serve, so I'm sure Luke learned a lot. After dropping Honey off at the airport, Luke and I enjoyed an awesome Palm Sunday service that outlined all of the benefits we received when Christ died. And then, of course, it's back to work Monday... Hope you had a great weekend too!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







































0 comments:
Post a Comment