McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Monday, August 9, 2010

Family and Fat Kids and Babies Galore!

Claire and I had an awesome weekend!  We flew to New Orleans after work Friday (although my shoe broke and I had to email my entire company in search for superglue to put them back together!) and while we were a wee bit delayed, Claire had a great flight.  Honey and Pop picked us up and we headed home for some good times.

Kristen came over and Christine brought her sweet Laynie bug, who is only eight months older than Claire.  We had a few glasses of wines with a lot of catching up and a lot of laughs.  Saturday morning, mom and I had manicures, pedicures and massages (yes, I know I am spoiled) while dad kept Claire.  After a little playtime and some lunch, mom and I headed back out for some shopping (even more evidence I am spoiled).  We picked up a dress for Claire for Jay and Grace's and a few things for the Rehearsal Dinner.

Mr. Jerry and Mrs. Brenda came over for drinks before we all went out to dinner at Vincent's (my absolute favorite place in New Orleans).  I had a bowl of corn & crab bisque soup with seafood ravioli and broccoli.  I always get stuffed on the bread sticks- I think Claire will take after me on this because she went through at least a couple- but this time I restrained myself and actually had enough room to finish my wonderful meal.

Sunday was Holly's baby shower, and let me tell you, it was a.maz.ing.  Like the centerpieces at the bad boy were nicer than the ones I had at my wedding.  I'm sad I didn't get any more pictures this weekend, but I'm sure Christine with her awesome camera (that I am oh so jealous of) got plenty.  Hopefully she'll share with me, and therefore share with you.

It was sad leaving again, but we had another great plane ride home last night, and even made a new friend.  She actually lives close to us and works in the same industry as Luke.  Hopefully we'll find each other on Facebook.  (On a side note: How did we live before social networking?)  She sat next to Claire and I on the way down and she found us again on the plane ride back!  Yesterday, the flight wasn't full, so Claire sat in between us and made quite the mess. 

Photobucket
I cleaned up as best as I could (after taking a picture of course) and tried to apologize to the flight attendant but she just gave me the sided eye. Obviously she doesn't have kids.  But at least Claire looked adorable while making a mess.

And as always, coming home from a vacation just makes you feel like you need a vacation even more.  So it's back to work.  Hopefully, I'll find some more time to breathe and when I do I'll try to squeeze in a wee more blogging here and there.  Thanks for sticking it out with us!

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."  Isaiah 40:28

1 comments:

Diane said...

Glad you had a great trip :) And oh my gosh, look at all of those teeth!!! So cute!