1. Well, first of all- it's my first bloggy award!
2. It's from my new friend over at Walkin' in High Cotton. She's a Christian mom rearing kids and shearing sheep, telling her tales of life on the farm. And I love reading her inspirational words followed always by scripture. What more can you ask for?
3. It's the Blog With Substance award. And that's awesome. I'm so glad someone has found substance to what I write. I think we have a good story to share, and it's encouraging that someone else thinks so too.

The rules for A Blog with Substance award are as follows:
1. I’ve gotta sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience in 5 words: Laughing, Living and Loving the Lord (ok it's six word if you want to get technical, so sue me)
2. I’ve gotta pass this award on to 10 other bloggers who I feel have A Blog with Substance.
Well…since we are basically on the same brain wave length, many of the mommy bloggers I would have awarded this to were included in last week's awards from Walkin' in High Cotton (Theta Mom, The Tarr Pit and The Outdoor Wife, to name a few.)
This could also be titled the "the post of a million links" so bear with me... Here goes...
1. Enjoying the Small Things. If you have never read Kelle Hampton's blog, you are missing a real treat. Her love of life and her girls are overwhelming, and she has really inspired me to take more time and remember what's important. (Bella has the same nightgown as Lainey!) And she is proof that you can have it all. She doubles as a photographer, so the pictures on her blog are a-maz-ing. Her little angel Nella has Downs Syndrome (not the mention the most beautiful birth story ever told), and Kelle has recently become a strong advocate for special needs families. I wish I could join her family on one of their outings just to soak in life- because she sure is doing it right!
2. The Heir to Blair. I know Blair can be "contraversial" in the world of mommy bloggers (if such a thing can exist), either you love her or you hate her. But me? I love her. I mean really love her. I even proposed an arranged marriage between her adorable Harrison and my sweet Claire. And we've neer met. (Although the pairing would produce the blondest grandchildren on the planet!) She is so honest about her life, her struggle with PPD/ PPA, her balancing act as a working wife and mother, her weight-loss battle, her rolls in the sac with her HOT husband, and she is Southern to the core- pearls and all.
3. Spilled Milk (and other attrocities). Law-Momma is awesome. That's all I can say- awesome. She balances work and home with grace. She suffers from severe sleep deprivation just like yours truly, only she has a way more important day job. You know, practicing law. Her stories on snot and poop are histerical. While she may appear to have it all together, she is not afraid to admit when it's all falling to sh!t. So authentic and true to the core is why I enjoy reading her tales day in and day out.
4. O My Family. Allison O is so cute, and I love how everything on her blog starts with O. And how O Baby is so cute. Cute.cute.cute. And I love cute. But this is about substance, and Allison has that too. And honesty. She loves being a mother, while acknowledging that parenthood is something so hard to prepare for. Allison O is proof that cute, funny, witty, honest and substantive can all be found in a single blog. And a blog I am so glad that I have found.
5. Breaking New Ground. I have only recently been blessed to find Shandell. She is a fellow daughter of Christ, stay-at-home mom and daycare provider, documenting the ups and downs of life through her blog. Shandell also loves Thankful on a Thursday to reflect on God's blessings. She and her husband just bought a house, making it a home, keeping it clean. And she was brave enough to go camping with her baby. Superwoman in my book.
6. Raising Madison. I don't even know where to begin with Joanna. She rocks my world. Just like she rocked cancer and her daughter's hip dysplasia. And if that weren't enough, the girl had been a newlywed for a whopping two months when she found herself growing a human. I've "known" Joanna (and those who aren't a part of this wonderful mommy blogging world are saying, how well can you really know someone you met on teh internet, but take my word for it, you can) since her days on The Bump as Pennylane, but it wasn't until recently that I really began to know her. This girl joined forces with other e-friends and strangers alike to raise nearly $2,000 for Keagan. And she's not afraid to learn life's lessons from a baby.
7. Mom-Nom. There are so many fan-damn-tastic things about Tiffany, I don't know where to start. (And that cussing without special characters babe- that's just for you!) She go knocked up young, but kept the Bubs. Then she had Bubette, although her pregnancy tests said otherwise. Then, she almost lost Bubs in an accident, but pulled it together only to get knocked down by another mommy blogger. But the result is Mom-Nom.com and I couldn't be happier for Tiffany and her adorable little family. Oh, and we share the same nemisis.
Due to the fact that I have no more time to link one more thing in this post, I'm only giving seven awards. My apologies to those whom this offends. Or you can say that my other three would have gone to Theta Mom, The Tarr Pit and The Outdoor Wife.
Thanks to my new friend at Walkin' in High Cotton for this great award. But please go check these ladies out and leave them some comment love!






































4 comments:
This is seriously one of my favorite things ever written about me & it COMPLETELY made my day better. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
Congrats on your first blog award! I agree you deserve a blog with substance award, I always enjoy reading what you have to say and love your Love for the Lord :)
There is nothing better than seeing someone write really nice things about you on the internet :).
Thank you so much for all of this. Makes me smile!
Thank you SO much for the award & the crazy kind words. Joanne is right - there is nothing better than seeing someone write kind words about you and the blog you pour your wine, er...I mean soul into.
xoxo
Post a Comment