McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Monday, July 12, 2010

Nine Months

Three-quarters of a year?  How is that possible?  How is my baby girl this close to a year old?  Time, we already had this discussion, but to no avail, Claire continues to grow faster and faster- right before my eyes.

Photobucket

And now I have had officially had a baby outside of my belly for as long as she was inside of my belly.  That's a weird feeling.

She is crawling all over the place, to the point that we had to buy a gate.  I always teased people that had these, saying I would never gate my child and that those things were for dogs, but after her first attempt to climb the stairs, I was in Target faster than you could say "I told you so."

Photobucket

Things she loves:
* Scrambled eggs. She would eat a whole pan of them if I would let her.
* Bella's "fruit salad" - which is actually a combination of every flavor puff we have in the house (and that's a lot)

Photobucket

* Bella's "soup" - which is actually oatmeal
* Trying to crawl off the bed.  She thinks it hilarious to crawl to the edge of our bed and have us pull her back to the center, only to do it all over again. 
* Eating grass.  We have been doing some fun and exciting things in our backyard only to look over and see Claire eating grass.  Oh well.

Things she is amazing me with:
* Crawling everywhere
* Pulling up on everything

Photobucket

* Standing on her own
* Walking behind her Step Start Walk and Ride
* Everything.  She is constantly amazing me.

We are going to have Claire a mini-birthday party at the end of July before Bella leaves to go back to Hawaii, so that she can have her big sissy celebrate with her.  And, since last Friday's post, we are also going to have a baby dedication at out home with close friends and family.

Happy Nine Months Claire!  We love you sweet girl!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

She is too cute! I love her smile! Happy 9 months old Claire!

LauraJ said...

I love that the pic of her crawling has Jake and Vienna in the background!! HA!

Gini said...

Yes Laura! Thanks for pointing out my guilty pleasure of watching the ridiculousness that is the Bachelor/ Bachelorette. It was just Claire and I so I had to get it in while Bella wasn't there. Let's get together soon!