I often feel sorry for myself that I got laid off when I was 14 weeks pregnant and mull over the fact that no one is hiring (and no one is especially hiring pregnant people), but as the hard working celebrate their well-deserved day off, I reflect.
I am really so lucky that I have a hard-working husband that can support us, great health insurance through his company, and this time to prepare our home and our family for this wonderful new blessing.
I sometimes wonder how pregnant people work a 40 hour week and live through it. I don't sleep very well at night and therefore nap throughout the day. When I have a craving, I just go out to the grocery and get it. I was able to paint the nursery and get things ready just the way I wanted them to be. And best of all, I spent the whole summer at home with Bella! These are all things I can/ could do because I don't have to work.
Part of me is ready to get back into the professional world, but part of me is so spoiled with this time off. Sometimes I just want an intelligent conversation with someone other than Luke. (I feel bad for Luke because every day when he gets home, I literally talk his ear off.) I just want to feel like I am doing something important. But the other part of me knows that when Claire arrives, I may never want to leave her side, not even for the greatest job opportunity. I know I can't stay home forever, and real sacrifices have been made for this stint of unemployment to be possible.
But as we wind down from a wonderful vacation, I will celebrate today anyway, as I think I am doing a pretty darn good job of growing a human. And what could be more important than that.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































0 comments:
Post a Comment