McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Father's Day Luke!

I know it's not until Sunday, but we have a really busy weekend and won't be posting.  I have a business trip next week and Bella goes back to her mom for ten days starting Sunday, so I will celebrate Father's Day on the blog today.  (But Bella is painting something- and helping Claire paint something- for Luke so I'll post pictures of that when I can.)

I can't even begin to tell you how Luke is everything I ever wanted in a husband, but moreso in the father of my children.  He is a godly man, a kind and loving nurturer and a simply amazing father.

Photobucket


To Claire he is the don't let go because I can't stand by myself yet and tossing me in the air makes me laugh really hard and the I love your silly songs more than you know kind of dad.  He relishes his alone time with her, talking to her about boys who are going to want to date her (as if she understands right now), and letting her play in the bath way longer than I do.

To Bella he is the teach me about Jesus and tell me stories about when you were a little boy in Africa and a let me ride on your shoulders because you're the only one who can still hold me kind of dad.  He lets her lick the brownie batter bowl when I'm not looking, but then tells her it's ok if I find out because it's never ok to lie.

To me he is the partner I always prayed for to raise the girls.  He helps out more than not and picks up my slack when I am running on fumes.  He is the pay the dishes and wash the bills- or wait- is it wash the dishes and pay the bills because I can't seem to get it right kind of partner.  He continues to tell me how beautiful I am despite the fact I birthed a child less than a year ago.  He always cheers me on as I try to navigate the whole working-mom race.  He knows when I need some time to myself, time to pray, time to sleep and he gives it to me.

Luke, you are an amazing dad, and I wish I could remember to celebrate you more often rather than just on Father's Day.  But here is my best attempt.  Your girls and I love you with everything we have!  Happy Father's Day!

PS. I am leaving Monday for a business trip.  I won't have much time to blog, but I have a few things set to publish while I'm gone.  I'll be back for good Monday, June 28th which is the blogovesary for Theta Mom.  So we'll have something for that and then back to the good ole' Nest.  Blessings to each of you!

1 comments:

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful post. You've been blessed, and it's so wonderful for you to share you're appreciation with everyone to encourage positive thoughts rather then dwell on the occasional negatives that always crop up in family life. Thank you for sharing.