Today, my sweet Grammie went home. I knew this was coming, but it still hurts. I hate that my girls won't know her, her sweet smile, her amazing banana bread, her witty attitude and love of life. I hate that my mom and dad are in such pain right now, and I just pray for peace over them.
We all know she is resting now and no longer in pain. We all know that she is in Heaven with my Grandfather and with the Lord. But it still hurts. I am so thankful for three days of bereavment leave at work, since I've only been at my job for four months and have barely any vacation time built up.
It looks like the wake will be Wednesday night and the funeral on Thursday. Claire and I will go to Huntsville, but Luke will stay here with Bella.
But something wonderful did happen today, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. As soon as I can type more clearly through the tears. Please keep my whole family in your prayers during this really difficult time.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































4 comments:
loss of a loved one is so hard. The Lord is sovereign and i am so happy to hear that she is at home in heaven. That is such a joy.
"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4
Praying for you and your family so much during this time. :)
Soooo sorry to hear about your grandma. I just prayed for your family. I'm sure the Lord will prove Himself strong in this time of weakness. Looking forward to linking up with you for thankful thursdays :)
I am so sorry to hear about your Grannie, mine passed this morning. It is so bittersweet. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Sorry I am late in reading this news. Hope you're doing okay. Let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment