I love when my girls, Luke and I are all together. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I feel like all is right with the world. I feel whole. Luke has his daughter. Claire has her sister. I have my family, and nothing can compare to this feeling.
Bella brought Claire some gifts from Hawaii but she was more interested in the paper than the bath time book!
And Bella got her big surprise... a cell phone. Yes, she's only six-and-a-half and we bought her a cell phone, but don't judge unless the only visitation you have with a child is over the phone for more than forty-four weeks out of the year. And now she looks sixteen laying on her bedroom floor, talking on the cell phone.
And after Claire's bath, it was time for a bedtime story. Bella is an excellent reader and loves bedtime stories. Claire, on the other hand, is not so sure.
We are gearing up for a busy week. Jessica (my sister-in-law and nanny), her daughter Camille (who is two), Bella and Claire have lots of fun things planned for today. Tomorrow the girls will go to Tuscaloosa to spend Tuesday with Grandmomma, Grandbarry, Auntie Bethany, Unclue Joshua and cousin Liam (who is one). I am so excited that my girls will have time with cousins, aunts and uncles. I grew up so far from any extended family and always felt that those who lived closer to each other had a special bond that I simply didn't share in.
A slumber party is in store at my in-laws for Tuesday night, and then Wendesday after work I'll pick up the girls (we do a meet in the middle thing). We'll grab a quick dinner and then head to church. Bella loves Highlands, and she is really excited that since promotion Sunday (when the kids move to the next grade level) was last week, she in no longer in the Clubhouse (Kindergarten) but now she is in Highlands Kids (1st-5th grade). And who wouldn't be pumped about going from a Bible Adventure cartoon to a live teen worship band and being with "the big kids" ??
Hope you had a great weekend, and check back with us later in the week for more fun times with the girls!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










































0 comments:
Post a Comment