Here's a quick rundown of what's been happening in our lives... So I got back to Birmingham from North Dakota last Friday after two layovers and arriving to Luke's car in the airport garage only to find it wouldn't start. Got my battery jumped, and headed home. (And I'll write more about my trip North when I can find some time. It really was beautiful!)
I unpacked, repacked, grabbed Claire and headed to Atlanta. Met up with Jay, Grace and Mom. Had a fab dinner at Houston's (love love that Spinach Dip!) and put a tired baby to bed. Saturday morning was Grace's Bridal Shower at Einsteins (not the bagel place). It was beautiful, and I promise to post pictures soon. We lounged by the pool that afternoon and then got ready for the big bachelorette party!
Dinner at One Midtown Kitchen was amazing, as were the frozen concoctions at Flip Flops (a bar owned by the guy Ace from Real World Paris). When the hour approached 11, which in my world is bedtime, we went across the street to Opera and hence my first club experience. Now I've been to plenty of bars in my life, but this was my first time in a club. I'm talking $20 cover (which we didn't have to pay thank you Jenny!), pat downs by a big bouncer, VIP tables, professional dancers on platforms throughout the place. It was interesting to say the least.
I pooped out by midnight and took a cab back to the hotel and back to my mom, who was taking care of Claire for me. Sunday, it was time to get back in the car and finally see my husband for the first time in a week. This long drive was followed by a few loads of laundry, dishes, unpacking and repacking for the Smokies.
Yes, we are on the go quite a bit, but this is just a busy time in our lives, and we know "this too shall pass." But until it does pass, we are just soaking it all in and making the best of what life gives us.
And then on top of all of that, I was offered a promotion at work, which management wants me to transition into right away. So I'm doing my current job, training for my new job and trying to please everyone at the same time. So while I am back, it's not for long.
I'll be working alot until our vacation starts Thursday, then we'll get home from the mountains next Monday. Probably won't be much blogging for while, but hopefully you'll stick around for the coming "pot luck." That's going to be my post of anything and everything that's been going on in our lives. Pictures, stories, probably a video or two, everything. Again, coming as soon as I find the time.
So I hope you all are well, and I can't wait to get back to "normal," whatever that is...
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































1 comments:
Geez woman I'm exhausted just reading about your craziness! But congrats on the promotion! And hope you have fun on your vacation! Looking forward to the pictures and stories to come :)
Post a Comment