McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Well, that didn't go as planned...

So I had dreams of spending my long weekend full of playtime with my little bear (Claire) and my big bear (Luke), but things just didn't turn out that way.  First I got hit by the cleaning bug.  Now you may think that this is a good thing- the whole spring cleaning thing.  But really, it just took over. 

I'll get back to that in just a sec, because more importantly, Luke's grandmother passed away Sunday.  She has had Alzheimer's for more than five years now and has been living from a feeding tube for more than four.  She is no longer in pain and is now in Heaven with Luke's cousin Timmy.  We are at peace with God's timing to bring her home.

Luke took Claire to Knoxville yesterday (since I couldn't get off work on such short notice) and is coming home tonight.  The service is this morning, and I am so grateful that his entire family is there to support his father and grandfather.

It's a little blurry, but here we are when Grandmother and Grandjerry came to our cabin in the Smokies last summer.

Photobucket

Sylvia was a wonderful mother and grandmother, and while we are sad that our children won't remember her, we will let the stories of her great love live on for years to come. 

So Sunday I did squeeze a little play time in with my little bear...

Photobucket

And Monday I packed her up and sent them on their way.

Photobucket

Back to the cleaning... I realized that my house hadn't been totally deep cleaned since Claire was born and my mom hired Merry Maids, and then my Granny (Pop's mom) came for the week after Claire's arrival and cleaned what Merry Maids missed.  (And y'all, she cleaned out my garage.  Yes, I know she is a saint and I love her very much.)

So needless to say the impending arrival of my middle bear (Bella- I don't know where all the bear references are coming from today, but I'll just go with it.) I got the urge to clean my house.  Not play on the living room floor with the Busy Ball Popper and V-Tech Crawling Ball.  Not stroll down the block with baby and dog.  Nope, clean.  And clean hard core.  (This is my biggest justification to get a maid.  I hate that cleaning was more important to me than spending time with my family.)

Saturday, I cleaned out the pantry and took care of the kitchen.  Then Sunday... stop.  Yes, the kitchen took me all day Saturday.  Don't judge.  Where was I?  Oh, then Sunday I attacked Bella's room.  My sister-in-law and niece often play in here with Claire while I'm at work.  But some of this stuff hasn't been touched since she was here in March.

And while part of me is so embarrassed to show this, I do want to encourage women and let moms know, they are not alone.  So, if your little's bookshelf and play kitchen gets a wipe down and the disinfectant wipe looks like this...

Photobucket

you are not alone!

And then Monday, after Luke and Claire left for Knoxville I cleaned Claire's nursery and my bathroom.  And while my hands still smell like bleach and my muscles are so sore from bending over into the tub and toilet and my knees are bruised from scrubbing tile grout, the finished product made it worth it.

Photobucket

Are you digging my pink bow wallpaper?  It's the last room in the house left to be redone!  I still have the guest bedroom and bathroom and my bedroom to get to this week, and then the living and dining rooms this Saturday before Bella comes on Sunday.  I do feel better knowing that things are clean, but I wish I knew we could keep it this clean!

Anyway, I hope your Memorial Day went a bit better than mine.  Oh, and if you haven't been by The Pioneer Woman to check out her Coming Home series of pictures, go over there right this very minute!  It is a beautiful tribute to the reason for Memorial Day and thanking the troops who serve and protect our freedoms.  And then come back to leave a comment about your Memorial Day weekend, ok?

1 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

I'm sorry for your loss this weekend, that is never an easy thing.

Oh a completely different note - your bathroom wallpaper was what I had in my room growing up! I still give my mom trouble about the bows, what was she thinking!