So, this is not the way I wanted to end the day. I slipped out of work for an extra-late, extra-long lunch to meet Jessica, Camille, and Claire at Children's South. We did our routine with the ultrasound and Claire screaming because she couldn't eat for 2 hours before the test, and by gosh, she was hungry!
There is nothing more pitiful than your child, who cannot yet speak, looking at you and saying "mommy, why are you letting them do this to me?" It hurts. And it hurts bad. But once the ultrasound was over and the bottle resumed its rightful place in the mouth of the babe, all was right with the world once again.
The Claire was weighed (16 pounds, can you believe it?) and we went back into the exam room. Then we proceeded to wait, and wait, and well, you get the idea. Thankfully, Children's Hospital was kind enough to place televisions in the exam rooms, so Camille could watch cartoons while Jessica and I gabbed about all kinds of randomness.
And then the pediatric urologist came back with the news I didn't want to hear. Claire's kidneys are looking worse. There is more pressure and dialation on teh left kidney than our ultrasound three months ago had shown. He reccomended we have a renal scan to determine the functionality of the kidney, and that would tell us if "intervention" (aka surgery) is neccesary. So that is scheduled for April 30th, and we just ask for your continued prayers for healing.
"Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." Jerimiah 33:6
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































0 comments:
Post a Comment