McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Friday, April 16, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

It's been a rough week for us, so I am really looking forward to this weekend.  The Nu Chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha (where yours truly spent four of the best years of my life) is turning 100 years old.  The sisterhood is celebrating with a wine & cheese tonight followed by lunch tomorrow of our famous fried chicken and Zeta potatoes (I really should find this recipie because the world could always use more Zeta potatoes).

It is also the University of Alabama's Spring Game, so some will be taking part in those festivities as well.  Me, I'll most likely be found on Saturday afternoon on the patio at Phil's with a large draft.  Luke is keeping Claire (practice for the time mentioned below) so I can have a little girl time, and man does momma need some girl time!  Lots of old friends are coming in from out of town and we may even hit up our old college hot spots.

Then, I regret to inform you (my dozen or so readers) that I will leaving the blog for some time.  Stop crying... (just kidding)!  It will be a little over a week, because on Monday I am leaving for Fort Pierre, South Dakota for work (I know you're jealous).  Four co-workers and I are going to assist a client who has begun to use our software and requested support.

A few things on this...
1. I am really excited to go.  I feel very honored that after less than three months with the company, the powers that be feel like I am ready for this.  I know I will learn so much and gain some needed "real-world" expertise.  And I am glad to get my first "go-live" out of the way before Bella comes for the Summer.
2. Yes, I am sad to leave Claire.  Yes, I will miss her.  But yes, I feel confident in Luke's ability to care for our child for five days. 
3. Yes, this is Luke's first time to be alone with Claire.  She may not be clean or well-dressed, but she will be changed and fed, and as long as she lives, I'm okay with that.
4. Yes, his mother is taking her for two of the four nights I will be gone.
5. Yes, he left me for five days to go on a bachelor party cruise and I had no help whatsoever, so... No, I do not feel bad for him.  It's his kid too.

So miss me while I'm gone, but I will return with good pics of good times from this weekend and some funny stories from work.  Have a good weekend!

0 comments: