McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life is a Highway

This is what I saw when I pulled out of the garage this morning...


Wow!  I couldn't belive it!  My (wonderful and generous) parents bought this car for me the month after Luke and I got engaged in 2006.  It had 27 miles on it when I drove off the lot.  I can't even begin to describe the 74,973 miles we have driven since then.  How far we've come.  As friends.  As Christians.  As husband and wife.  And now as parents.

I can remember driving home after we flew back to New Orleans from our honeymoon.  I remember loading this car as we moved into our first home.  I will never forget that drive to the hospital when my water broke.  Or the drive home with our new baby girl, feeling overwhelmed with joy and anxiety at the same time.


That number just hit me like a ton of bricks!  How much has changed.  How much has stayed the same.  We are so grateful this journey and are anticipating the road ahead!


Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long.
If you're going my way, I wanna drive it all night long.
- Tom Cochrane (although I like the Rascal Flatts version better)

1 comments:

Jenny Beth said...

aww so sweet and true. children truely are such a blessing!!! and boy do things change so quickly.