McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Love Like Crazy"

I love country music.  There.  I said it.  I love country music.  It's all "my dog died," "my wife left me," "fishin' and huntin' all day," but I love it.  And the other day, I ran across this song that really hit me.  Claire was sleeping soundly in the back seat so I zoned in on the words, and they were amazing.

It was Lee Brice's new single, "Love Like Crazy."  Listen to it here, or  read the lyrics...

They called them crazy when they started out
Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That's crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Yea that's crazy

Just ask him how he did it, he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and over use I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy they'll never take off
He sold his one man shop to Microsoft
They paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman,
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get too old to call her baby
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now

Ain't that crazy?

Isnt' that awesome?  I love it.  I love the part about overusing "I love you."  I tell Luke that all. the. time.  He usually responds with "I love you too," but every now and then he says, "I know honey.  You told me two minutes ago."  I just never want him to forget how blessed I feel to have him as my husband and the father of our girls.  I love him.  So I tell him.  Maybe it's too much- but I make no apologies.

While he is no Luke McGlothin, Lee Brice is a hotty, no?

Photobucket

And here is an article about the Microsoft CEO hearing the song for the first time.  Pretty neat. 

And after Luke's Grandmother and Grandjerry were married for so many years, I am keeping him in my prayers today as he adjusts to life without his beautiful wife. I pray the peace of the Lord be with him, and that he will have wisdom from Heaven in making important decisions about their house and where he goes from here.

Anything speaking to you lately?  What songs are loving right now?

PS.  I attacked the guest bathroom and my bedroom after work yesterday and I am lovin' that feeling like crazy!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love country also. I have so many songs that make me cry or think of Jack.

That's a great song!

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

I love that song too.

I also love Miranda Lambert's Home song. I know partly you "can't go home again" but partly you can always go back and remember how you were raised and find your values and principles and "yourself" again if you get off track. But yes, I cry every time I hear it too.