McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday & Wedding: Part One

I feel overwhelmed just talking about the weekend, so I figured I better split it into two seperate posts.  But I can start by saying it was a wonderful weekend!  Granted, I felt like I was getting sick all of last week, and I was right.  (By the way, Tylenol Cold & Sinus and white wine are a bad combination!  I learned this first hand, so please trust me, mk?)

But the rehursal and dinner were great.  Claire was a trooper and made it through with no major meltdowns.  She even got her first kiss. True story. Little boy, about two-years old, came up to Claire and kissed her on the mouth. His parents were embarressed.  Luke got his first taste of daddy rage.  Overall, a good time by all.

Photobucket

The bridal luncheon was Saturday morning at the Swan Coach House in the Atlanta History Center.  Jackie wanted a hat theme, and so it was.  I wish I'd gotten a picture of the awesome garden hat cake Grace got and the great garden hat earings that mom had made as favors, but I didn't :(

It was beautiful, Southern and delicious, as were the bridesmaids...

Photobucket

Even Julia with her cute little belly.  And while she didn't feel like it was little anymore, I told her to just wait for the immense growth in those last few weeks.  I give you Exhibit A.

And here is me, mom, Grace and Auntie Em...

Photobucket

After the luncheon, my dad agreed to keep Claire while Luke and I attempted to celebrate our birthday.  We went over to the AMC Fork & Spoon, and if you've never experienced a movie/ restaurant, I highly reccomend it.  Not for those on a budget, but hey, it was our birthday.  We saw Iron Man 2 (I also highly reccomend it) and had a pitcher of beer with queso dip and a burger.

And can I just say that I'm really glad that Luke drug me out of the hotel room.  If it were up to me, I just wanted to chill, maybe nap, while I had someone else volunteering to care for my child.  But he wanted to go the movies and I figured I shouldn't let him spend his birthday alone, or mine for that matter.  And when we got back, it was straight to hair and makeup and before I knew it the shuttle wad there to bring us to the wedding.  So I didn't get a nap, and now I wouldn't have had it any other way.

More to come!

0 comments: