
I only started a few weeks ago, but I honestly look forward to Thursdays now (which let's face it, stuck between hump day and Friday, Thursdays really got the short end of the stick) because I love waking up to reading these blogs and sit in awe of all we have to be thankful for. In a world of Debbie Downers and 24 hour cable news of all that's wrong in the world, I can't think of anything more important than reflecting on all that is good.
I go in list form, continuing from one week to the next, but you can find more Thankful on a Thursday posts here.
16. My Blog Redesign. I now it's petty, but it was my Mother's Day and birthday presents and I am thrilled with the result. I can't tell you how thankful I am for Jocelyn at Blogs by Jocelyn. She worked with me every step of the way, and if you don't know me, I'm well.... a perfectionist. I think we went through nine font changes and a number of other redos, but she stuck with me. And it came out great! (You should be nodding your head in agreement.) I really love everything about it! And I'll post more about all of the other changes, pages, etc soon.
17. Grace, my future sister-in-law. She is just fabulous. I am so glad that my brother found someone like her to spend his life with. She is smart, funny, kind and caring and she loves Jay. That's really all I can ask for. (And she's a Zeta Tau Alpha too!) And... she took care of me when I really needed someone, so thanks hun!
18. Sleep. Now that Claire has slept through the night for going on a week now, I remember how much I loved my uninterrupted sleep. I think this one speaks for itself. No further explanation needed.
19. Honeysuckle. I love the way it looks and smells, and it is all over my backyard.
It's just beautiful, and my niece Camille will pick some and leave in a glass on the counter for me!
20. My Readers. I started this blog as a way to keep my family up to date with pictures of my growing belly while baking Baby McGlothin. I then opened it up to the world, and I even have some new "e-friends" that- since beginning to write more on the blog- have become an incredible stream of love and support.
So today I want you to know that I am thankful for you, my readers and followers. The fact that someone, somewhere in the world may read this today, be encouraged or even just laugh a little is so humbling and I am thankful that you have allowed me into your lives.
And I am thankful for your comments! I read each and every one and try to respond as quickly as I can. It is like a validation of some kind that you know where I coming from or can identify with how I am feeling. Makes me feel like I haven't fallen off my rocker!
My new e-friend Alysha over at The Tarr Pit does Thankful on a Thursday too! As always, be sure to check out Nish and take in her always inspiring words and pictures.









































3 comments:
awww thank you for the sweet message! I love finding new e-friends who are also followers of Christ. :) I think we would be great friends too! Shoot me an email! I love those! And i too am a HUGE perfectionist! But yay for an awesome blog makeover! I LOVE it! :)
I linked up from the Tarr pit today. Your blog design is adorable and hurray for uninterrupted sleep. A restful momma is a huge blessing.
Hi Gini...I am new to blogging and came across your site from the DList Party. I have never heard of 'Thankful Thursdays' but I am glad i know now. Seems like you have alot to be thankkful for. Your girls are adorable.
Jenn
Post a Comment