McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm a Featured Blogger!

Well, when I started this whole blogging thing, it was nothing exciting.  Just pictures to share with my family and friends who live far away.  Now I've found this great community of bloggers out there that are simply amazing.  Alissa is one of them, and she created the D-List.

And today, I am one of their featured bloggers!  I had no idea!  I went over to the D-List this morning to find some new blogs to read and saw my badge there under "Featured Blogger."  I wish I was more prepared, but so is life, huh?

So if you found me on the D-List, welcome!  We're so glad you're here.  Hope you'll pull up a chair and stay a while.  Not sure what being a featured blogger is supposed to entail, but here goes.

Here is my post from the D-List Blog Party that pretty much sums up my life and my blog (a snipet- ok, alot of it- is below).  And this one is about my girls.  I do Thankful on a Thursday every week, so you should come back to check that out.  I am a couponing-diva, and you can read more about my Strategic Shopping.

This is just a bit about me and my family...

I'm Gini (aka: editor-in-chief of this here blog), and I'm the wife to Luke, mommy to Claire and step-momma to Bella. Our faith and our church is very important to our family. We're in Alabama so if I get real Southern on y'all, please excuse me. They're not a fan of proper grammar here, and try as I might, it's starting to rub off.

I am a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) kinda girl. I have a weakness for Coach purses and anything peanut butter. I love to cook but rarely make the time. And while being a wife and mommy will always rank number one in my book, I also work for a medical software company training physicians (smart, but not always the best students) on electronic medical records. And while I'm not pregnant right now, this was one of those "glowing pg" pictures of me that I thought was good.

Photobucket

This blog is just my life. (I know it says this is our "family" blog, but get real- my husband wouldn't be caught dead blogging- so it's really just me talking about my family.) Most of it is about my girls. They are our life.

Bella is almost 7 years old and lives in Hawaii with her mom and step-dad. We treasure every moment we have with her- which is about eight weeks a year (as a result of her step-dad's request to be transferred to a Navy base 5,000 miles away). It's a long story, but to sum it up, we have a very stressful relationship with Bella's mother.  And she is coming to spend the Summer with use next week!

But she is amazing. And beautiful, no? Even with chocolate on her face!

Photobucket

And Claire (known in our house as "Claire Bear") is our baby girl who was born last October. She and her big sister (affectionately referred to as "be-be" by the barely speaking younger sister) are two weeks shy of six years apart.

Claire is crawling backwards (or she was when I posted this for the party), though we are certain she'll go straight to walking and skip the whole forward crawl thing all together. Guess that's just her style. She now has four teeth, can muster up a few words, has blue eyes from Heaven (really from her daddy) and her belly laugh can make even the worst day seem brighter.

Photobucket

But every now and then, I'll post about the devilishly handsome man that made these girls. Luke is an amazing father and husband. He is truly my best friend and an answer to many sleepless and prayerful nights. Luke is a good and strong Christian man and always stands up for what he believes. He's a hard-cor conservative and watches way to much cable news.

He works in advertising, has an obsession with movies- especially oldies but goodies, loves jelly beans not just at Easter and hates smiling with his teeth. But here's a rare shot of those pearly whites...

Photobucket

So that's me.  I hope I have done some justice to the D-List Featured Bloggers, and I love new followers so if you like what you see, come back and see some more! 

I'm going on a another business trip the week of June 21st to 25th when Bella spends the week with her mom (yes, it worked out perfectly because I would have hated to be gone while she was here), so I'm looking for a few guest bloggers!  Email me if you are interested (ginimcglothin@hotmail.com) And Happy Friday!

0 comments: