McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Friday, May 14, 2010

Weekend Celebration

I haven't been this excited about a weekend in a while.  I'll admit it, I've been down on myself, my mothering, my lack of a clean house or cooked meal.  Let's just face it- I'm not her...

Photobucket

And while I love Bree's dashing wit and of course, her pearls, I'm not her.  But now I have accepted that it's okay that I am not perfect, but that I am me.  And this weekend is just what I need!

First, I am getting off early today (which is well deserved, considering the 12 hour days I put in this week).  Next, I am headed to Atlanta- always a plus to see my bother and Grace.  Third, my parents will be there.  And it's FINALLY Jackie's wedding!  The girl has been engaged forever, it seems, and her big day is really here.

Oh, and Saturday is our birthday!  Yes, "ours."  Luke and I have the same birthday.  Not the day before or the day after, the same day.  We figured this out on the first date and knew it was fate from the get-go.  Most years it stinks.  We usually say "let's save money and not get each other anything" or "let's see what Honey and Pop give us."  (Sorry mom, again your gift-giving preceeds you.  Take it as a compliment.) 

But this year, I don't care.  We are spending the weekend with family and celebrating Jackie and David's wedding.  Don't get me wrong, I do love a good card. (Honey, if you're reading this- wink wink... Like the ones from Mother's Day- Yeah, they were awesome!)

I have new dresses that actually fit (and my hubs even said one looks a little big, which made me feel amazing since this baby weight is darn hard to drop).  The luncheon mom and I are throwing Satruday morning is going to be lovely & Southern & just plain incredible.  The cathedral will be beautiful (as will the bride ;).  And the reception will be a blast!  Actually any time with Auntie Em and Uncle Cliff is a blast.

I really can't think of a better way to spend a celebration of my birth Jackie's wedding.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Gini & Luke! and such a cute new background!!