McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday

Well, I guess you can see this past week has made me reflect on all I have to be truly thankful for.  I have really incredible people in my life, and I should really tell them more often how much they mean to me.

11. My Grammie. I've never really thought about how it will be when she is gone, but I know the lessons I've learned from her will remain in my heart forever. I am thankful that she is comfortable and that I will see her again in Heaven.

12.  My Mom.  I know I was thankful for grandparents last week, but that's because they are so wonderful to my girls.  I am thankful for the wonderful mother she is to me.  She is so strong, inspiring, loving, thoughful, and while I could go on and on, I think you get the idea.  I love her more than words can say!

Photobucket

13. My Mother's Day flowers.  You remember when I posted this?  Yeah?  Well, they are still alive, and are so beautiful on my desk.  I am thankful that Luke knows when I need a little "pick-me-up" and that stargazer lillies are my favorite!

Photobucket

14. My Mother's Day cards. Although I was away from my sweet husband on Sunday, Luke sent me to New Orleans with two awesome cards. The one from Claire and Bella made my heart melt.  It had duckies on the front, and on the inside was Claire's hand print with the words "Best Mommy Ever, HANDS DOWN!" 

Luke's card said "I may not be completely trained, but I am completely in love with you."  He is so thoughtful! 

Photobucket

(side note: My Mother's Day gift was a blog redesign from Blogs by Jocelyn so look for that soon. We have our annual Customer Conference at work this week, so I will be slammed and probably not able to post or respond to your wonderful comments. So my new design may already be up when this is scheduled to post.)

15. My church.  I know I have blogged about Highlands before.  But two weeks ago I was sick and last Sunday I was in New Orleans, so I have really been missing my church.  The worship is amazing, Pastor Chris is an incredible communicator, and I just feel so blessed that we found a place like this.  I know that God led us here, and I look forward to the wonderful things He has in store for Highlands in the future.

What are you thankful for today?  Be sure to go visit Nish at The Outdoor Wife, too!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Alysha said...

great post! ANd funny card! haha Those flowers are beautiful and my favorite too!!
Come visit my place to link up on thankful thursdays ! :)

The Rumage's said...

Love the new look! Hope all is well. Miss you!!