McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday

I can't believe another week has passed, and it's already Thursday again.  I have realized that there is so much to be thankful for and even the small things deserve note.

6. For play time with Claire. On my bed. And not caring that it isn't made, one pillow back there doesn't even have a pillowcase and my work clothes haven't been hung up (although my shirt got spit up on so it's going to the cleaners).

Photobucket

7. Diet Coke.  Yes, I know it's horrible for me with all that aspartame and caffeine, but I love it and am thankful for it's cool crisp taste as I tap out a long email or create presentations on my computer at work.  And the umph it gives me to make it through the afternoon energy slump.  (No, Coca-Cola did not pay me to say this.  I just plain love Diet Coke!)

8. DVR.  I am thankful that Luke and I can have some "us" time to catch up on our favorite shows (namely 24 and Lost) while sweet Claire takes her evening nap.

9. Frozen Pizza.  Looked I warned you that even small things deserved note today. But, we enjoyed some with garlic, spinach and mushrooms last night while watching the BEST EVER EPISODE of Lost last night.  (I typically hate writing in all caps, but that deserved it.  I really was the BEST EVER EPISODE!)

10. Grandparents. See yesterday's post. But I can say it again, right? Mine and Luke's parents are so good to our girls, we can't begin to try and repay the debt. Karen and Barry keep Claire every Tuesday night just because they love her (and because they know we need a night off). My parents live farther away but continue to shower the girls with love and other good stuff. (My mother is in trouble now because Bella already associates her visits with presents from Honey. Sorry mom, you did that to yourself.)

Photobucket

Pop and Claire (the clock in the background is around 11:40 and she was born at 10:37, so just an hour old)

Check out Blair (who I e-stalk, but admit it- you probably e-stalk her too!) and the cuteness that is her son Harrison.  She has a great Thankful on a Thursday post.

And Nish has a Link Share thingy (that I have yet to figure out how to put here) with links to other great Thankful on A Thursday posts.  What are you thankful for today?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Liz said...

The DVR was on my Thankful list this week as well!

The Rumage's said...

ditto on the DVR (yes, LOST last night was the BEST EVER) and Diet Coke (I am addicted)!
I'm glad I am not the only one whose pillowcases sometimes don't even make it onto the pillows.

Unknown said...

These photos of Claire show her million dollar smile! What a cutie!
Thanks for the nice compliments. Happy Mother's Day! I'll miss seeing you.

Gmama