McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Seven Months

30 weeks
210 days
5,040 hours
302,400 minutes

...since you entered my life.  And things were never the same.

Photobucket

I didn't make a big deal about six months and the whole half-birthday thing, and now I regret it.  So I am just going to make a big deal about seven months instead.

Yesterday, Claire went for her six month (albeit late) check up.  She weighs 16.5 pounds (50th% percentile) and was 27 inches long (80th% percentile).  I am completely surprised that any child of my husband's is only in the 50% percentile since he's built so big, but maybe she's got a bit of me in her too.  And it appears she'll be tall like her Auntie Bethany and Auntie Kristin.  (Sorry Auntie Jessica, you and I got hit with the short stick!)

Claire also got all of her shots (yuck!) and her H1N1 vaccination.  She cried for a minute, but was happy again in no time.  Doctor said her ears look good, and the tubes are still in place.  (I had no idea they could fall out, but apparently it can happen.)

Things she is amazing me with...
* Backwards crawling (but she'll get the hang of going forward one day)
* If not crawling, she's rolling to her desired destination
* Smiling and laughing like crazy!  I have a great video of her deep belly laughing that I need to figure out how to post.
* New teeth each week- we now have two bottom and two top teeth
* Reaching for things (like me!)
* SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!  (I think you'll agree this deserves caps, bold and italics.  It probably deserves a whole post in itself, but I am super busy this week so we'll see.)  Finally, at seven months the kid finally didn't make me get up to feed her.  I let her whine about five minutes or so at 2am and 4am, but just about when I was going to get up, she put herself back to sleep!

Things she loves...
* Sweet potatoes, pears, peaches (like momma, hates peas and green beans)
* Carrots- which is a story in itself, hopefully coming soon
* Being held- and while we love her to death, I hope this is just a phase
* Her exersaucer and Jenny Jumper
* Playing outside in the grass and rolling around
* Daddy's silly songs (he has his own words to Oh My Darlin' and other lovely tunes)
* Nomming on everything!

Here we are on Mother's Day after a long day and plane ride home from New Orleans.

Photobucket

Seven months also means she is closer to her first birthday than her birth. This is scary, people. I feel like we just brought her home from the hospital a month or so ago. Not seven months! I just wish I would have beleived the people who said "they grow up so fast!"

0 comments: