So I thought I might should acknowledge all of the changes taking place here at The McGlothin Family Nest. (If you're stopping by from the D-List party or visiting the Nest, hi! I guess it's all new to you :) Obviously, we have a new design courtesy of Blogs by Jocelyn (thanks, babe- you're the best!). The McGlothin Family Nest now has a badge right there to the left, so grab it! And slowly but surely I've been adding some more pages to the blog as well.
I have a page for Luke and I & one for Bella and Claire. I'm still working on pictures and tickers for these but they're coming along. I also made a page with all of the "Belly Bumps" pictures when I was pregnant with Claire. This almost made me miss being pregnant, but not enough to try again (yet).
Then there's one with all of my Strategic Shopping tricks. If you live on a budget, you should really stop by. During last night's grocery trip, I spent $14 and saved more than $30. Really- it works people. Give it a try. And if you don't know anything about strategic shopping, just visit the page and give it a chance. And this will always be a work in progress- I'll continue to add new things as I have time and as I learn new tricks.
I made a page with my pumping story, but it didn't fit across the top, so I put it on the side instead. I did a guest blog over at The Happy Spitter and The Leaky Boob of my experience exclusively pumping. It's personal, honest and a little funny.
And now, you can search the blog, I've made a place where one day I'll put links to my favorite posts and showed some linky love to some awesome mom-owned businesses.
So I guess this makes me a "mommy blogger." I'm not sure what that actually means. I am a mommy. I have a blog. I don't do product reviews, don't host giveaways. Not knocking those that do, it's just not my style. And I find it most important to remain true to who you are, and that's just who I am. I like posting about my girls. My balancing act as a working wife and mother. My journey of faith.
But I'll face it- I'm going to be labeled as a mommy blogger. If you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em, right? So while I'll keep doing what I'm doing, I joined 'em. The McGlothin Family Nest is now a part of a few wonderful blogging communities.
* The D-List. Alissa is an awesome WAHM (work-at-home-mom) who has started The D-List as a place for smaller mommy blogs to find and support other mommies. I've found a number of great new blogs to read and new e-friends as well (:::waves hello to fellow D-Listers:::). I am so happy for her- and her adorable little girl Molly- and the success that she's had.
* Theta Mom Community. I have been following Theta Mom for quite some time now. From what I read in those first few posts, I knew we'd probably be friends IRL (in real life). She's created the Theta Mom Community, a place for people to connect, and it's pretty darn cool. She is full of integrity, always strives to do things better than before and gives encouragement time and time again.
* Picket Fences. I was weary about this one because people "vote" for you, and I don't put much stock in other people's opinion of me, my family or my blog. But they say... "Here we strive not only to show you the most popular blogs, but also the blogs of the most talented writers."
But if it brings one person to this blog, if I make one person smile, tell one person about the love of Christ, make one mom feel like she's not alone- then I'm ok with being a "mommy blogger."
So -overall- change is a good thing! I hope you'll agree.
And with that I say Happy Friday, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend with people you love!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








































6 comments:
i love your little makeover! And welcome to the mom blog club! ;)
I love your blog design! That's actually the first thing I thought when I saw it! Thanks for following over at Mommy Monologues! I'm following you back!
I read that you're having a Southern luncheon-that's really the best way to do things isn't it?! lol I heart the south!
Coach purses=my guilty pleasure!
Love the blog! Can't wait to keep reading!
hey girlfriend... love the new changes... may be emailing you. i am wanting to add a new look to my blog and ask you some more detailed questions about couponing, what do you think about a bloggy q and a?? lemme know your thoughts,email me at jenn32404@aol.com
ps when i am in town for abbie's wedding this summer we should do lunch.
Jocelyn does such an awesome job. I recommended her to someone who asked me about blog design! Yours is darling---I LOVE LOVE LOVE birds.
The only thing I have trouble with on the d-list are the round badges. I have to resize them, which luckily hasn't screwed them up :)
Thank you so much for the compliments---you are too kind!
PS--You aren't a mommy blogger, you are a mom who blogs :)
Love the look!
I recently had a blog makeoever too and it feels so good!
Love the new layout, it's very cute!
Post a Comment