McGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family NestMcGlothin Family Nest

Monday, May 10, 2010

To everything there is a season...

My trip to New Orleans this weekend has really hit this one home.  As I look into Claire's crystal blue eyes and then into the blue eyes of my Grammie, I see the circle of life. 

Photobucket

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (KJV)
“ To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up."

Grammie is going into Hospice next week, and we just pray that she is comfortable until she goes home to be with Jesus.  I feel at peace with what is happening, but it breaks my heart that Claire will not know Gram and how much she enriched my life.  I will make it a point to tell the girls of my memories of Summers at her house as a kid, learning the difference between self-rising and all-purpose flour, creating the perfect ham glaze and how clothes dried on a line simply smell better.

But we did get to visit with my parents, Aunt Shirley and Casey, and Aunt Nancy...

Photobucket

We also got to go swimming with Claire in the pool for the first time.  She loves baths so I was sure she wouldn't mind the water.  I was right, she actually loved the water.  And since I was a lifeguard and swim team coach, I'm not sure why I was surprised.  I also got some video of her putting her face in (I think she was trying to drink the water?) and kicking her legs, that I'll have to figure out how to post.  Maybe she'll follow in momma's footsteps.

Photobucket

And then we had a wonderful Mother's Day lunch at the Harbor, our favorite seafood establishment.  I did what I always do... get so excited about my catfish basket that I dive right in and burn the roof of my mouth.  Hopefully, Claire will learn from her mistakes- unlike her momma.

Photobucket

Can you tell I just learned how to create a collage?  Maybe I should write more about how Claire has changed my life, and how this Mother's Day is especially special, but I think she knows.  But I will say that I am becoming my mother.  In every way that I swore I wouldn't- I am.  Guess that's one of life's little jokes.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!

1 comments:

Diane said...

Prayers for you and your family as you go through this hard time. And your baby girl is adorable - what beauitful blue eyes!